The apartment sector is one of the most actively traded sectors in real estate, pushing past office buildings in the third quarter of 2018. Apartment investments offer owners a stable, diversified portfolio and high and consistent cash-flow yields compared with other commercial real estate sectors.
The apartment sector is compelling for a wide variety of reasons, which are explored in a new report from CBRE and Bay Area investment firm Hamilton Zanze. The paper looks at the top reasons individual investors should get into multifamily real estate.
- Renting’s Continued Popularity
- Significant Pent-Up Demand
- Favorable Performance in Economic Downturns
- Favorable Performance in both Stable and Rising Interest-rate Environments
- Location, Location, Location